Fibre Management Superintendent
ANC - Great Company, Great LifestyleOperating in Whitecourt since 1989, ANC is the lowest cost producer of newsprint in North America and has branched out into other paper grades and businesses to maintain our competitive edge. At ANC, our goal has always been to empower our people to run our business in a way that allows employees and the company to grow, diversify and prosper. ANC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competency, an annual bonus plan and excellent group benefits. Professional development is encouraged and we encourage work life balance including flexible work hours.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with regional sawmills and chip transport companies to ensure a sustainable and cost effective source of fibre to ANC
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience in forestry or transportation logistics
- Considerable ability in developing and maintaining strong business relationships
- A RPF, RPFT, CITT, or PLog professional designation
- Significant experience in contract negotiation and contract management.
- Experience in financial management
- Experience using LIMS and an ability to contribute to Woodlands with past experience in a variety of aspects including certification would be an asset.
Enjoy a balanced lifestyle and join a fun group of Woodlands professionals, while working for an industry leader.
Apply or learn more about this exciting opportunity at: [email protected] by May 6, 2018
2 Positions available.Positions available in Fort Nelson and Dawson Creek however, this position can be performed from any of the following communities: Fort Nelson, Fort St. John or Dawson Creek. Preference will be given to Fort Nelson and Dawson Creek. Relocation assistance may be provided. We are looking for dedicated leaders with strong skills in: leadership, communication, relationship building and achieving results to oversee our Natural Resource Districts in two of our locations in northern British Columbia. The District Manager oversees a dynamic team of technical, administrative, and professional staff, and is accountable for sector-wide land and resource management operations within a Natural Resource District. In this role you will provide leadership, direction and expert advice on the delivery of services in integrating and coordinating natural resource services within the District. You will be responsible for operational program delivery, financial management, human resource management, business planning, change management, project management, statutory and delegated decision-making, issue resolution, inter and intra-agency coordination, stakeholder and First Nation relations and client service.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in a field related to Natural Resource Management or Business/Public Administration and 4 years of related experience; or
- Master’s degree in a field related to Natural Resource Management or Business/Public Administration and 3 years related experience; or
- Diploma in a field related to Natural Resource Management or Business/Public Administration and a minimum of 7 years related experience.
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website will be accepted.
Regional Analyst – Registered Professional Forester (RPF)
How to ApplyPlease apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 122112, by Thursday, April 26, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Woodlands Operations Coordinator
- Responsible for the delivery of quality of logs to the mill, on time and on budget.
- Coordinate logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, reclamation, and silviculture contracts.
- Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and promote local aboriginal initiatives.
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, which manages the Trout Lake and Wabigoon sustainable forest licenses with combined area of approximately 1.7 million hectares, is seeking an individual to join our Forestlands Team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Sustainable Forest License Team Lead and working in conjunction with the Forestlands team, your role will be to co-ordinate the maintenance of current forest certification systems, and provide forest management planning support on Sustainable Forest Licence areas to ensure a sustained supply of wood.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the maintenance of our environmental management systems and certification standards.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory compliance audits.
- Provide annual reporting, annual work schedule plan preparation and forest management plan maintenance for the Sustainable Forest Licenses.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Aboriginal Communities, tourist outfitters, trappers and other stakeholders and local communities on or adjacent to SFL areas.
- Working with operations and silviculture foresters, you will ensure that information databases and Geographic Information System (GIS) spatial information is complete and accurate.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Forestry degree and be a registered professional forester or be eligible to apply for RPF status in Ontario.
- A team player, who is results focused.
- Solid functional skills with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- You demonstrate leadership capabilities and are a team player with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of customers.
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by Friday April 27th, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. CDT to [email protected]
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.